When installing or replacing interior doors, you may not realize that fire-rated doors come in beautiful decorative designs for use in interior settings. Fire rated doors are not only an important investment in your home, they can be a priceless investment when protecting your family.
Interior doors that are good candidates for fire-rated doors are:
- Entry from garage to house
- Separating your laundry room from living space
- Fireproofing you furnace room door from your basement family room
- Fireproofing your electrical service closet from your living space
If you have the common misconception that fire rated doors are only big unappealing steel doors, you may be surprised to know that you can have the same fire protection to your home and family without sacrificing on style.
Lee Lumber is a Licensed Fire Door Specialist
Lee Lumber specializes in providing superior quality in all fire-rated doors, as is evidenced by carrying the Warnock-Hersey label (WH-ETL), North America’s leading product safety mark. Products bearing this label have been inspected and tested to meet building and construction codes. The Warnock-Hersey label also signifies that the manufacturer site is subjected to follow-up inspections ensuring ongoing product compliance.
In our own woodworking and metal shops, we can machine fire-rated doors, do the required preparation for hardware, assemble and apply the rating label, assuring compliance to safety codes. Rating labels can only be applied by licensed shops like ours, and then only if all preparation for locks, hinges, and any other applied hardware is done by the licensee. This gives us the advantage of carrying several doors in stock, and possessing the ability to quickly re-design a door for your custom fitting.
Not only can Lee Lumber manufacture and certify several styles of fire-rated doors, we are a proud distributor of only the best in class door manufacturers, offering endless options of decorative and stylish, standard or custom fire-rated doors to perfectly match your interior décor.
Lee Lumber Offers More Fire-Rated Interior Door Options
Lee Lumber has been supplying the Chicagoland area with quality building materials since 1952. We have valuable supplier relationships with the best door manufacturing companies in the world. Some examples of our superior product offering include fire-rated interior doors from:
- Therma-Tru offers 20-minute fire-rated fiberglass doors, providing an alternative to medium-density fiberboard (MDF), that are guaranteed not to crack, split or rot
- Three comprehensive design lines to choose from: Classic-Craft® / Fiber-Classic®, and Smooth Star®
- Simpson provides thousands of options for fire-rated doors
- Custom designed to match other interior doors for seamless blending throughout your home
- Decorative options in Arched Rail or V-Groove raised panels
- Available in 20, 45, 60, and 90-minute fire ratings
- Interior fire doors produced in wood or MDF
- Leading manufacturer in the United States of solid MDF doors
- Designed to match other interior non-rated doors
- Provide a consistent look with full panel relief and specialty matching to standard doors
- Ceco Doors
- Fire-Rated interior doors ranging from 20 minutes to 3 hours of exposure
- Outperform all test criteria
- Appealing design combined with safety and security
- Strek-O Doors
- Fire Rated Mineral Core Doors
- Fire Rated SafeCore Doors
- VT Industries
- Manufacturers of both veneered, flush doors, and panel doors in many wood species.
Regardless of your interior design, we can custom match any door with fire-rated doors to blend perfectly throughout the rest of your home. You can rest easier knowing your home and loved ones are protected in case of fire, no matter the architectural demands of your décor.
Contact Lee Lumber today for expert assistance with your interior door installation. We are the industry leader with fire-rated doors, offering endless options with decorative designs and custom matching services.