Did you know?
Lee Lumber has a licensed, fire-rated door machining shop:
Lee Lumber is licensed to machine both wood and metal fire doors. This means that Lee Lumber can machine fire doors for hinges and locks as well as modify sizes andinstall door lites (within code tolerances) and can certify with metal fire-rating labels on the doors. The question is, what does this mean for your project?
- Lee Lumber keeps more fire doors in stock. Because fire-rated doors are one of our specialties, we sell more of them and we keep a wider range of sizes and types in stock.
- Custom abilities - because we can machine on site, custom hinge and lock locations are not a problem. Putting a new door into your old existing frame will not be a problem because we will match that door to your frame.
- Speed - whereas most suppliers have to order a custom door that will take many weeks, we may be able to take a door from our stock and machine and label it in house cutting weeks off your lead time.
Please read our latest blog on the 90 minute fire rated door.
Tips and Tricks
When installing a new door, be sure that both the top and bottom are sealed or painted. Not only can moisture get in to an unsealed door causing it to warp or delaminate, any warrantee is voided unless the door is sealed.
Lee Lumber stocks doors to 4’ wide and as tall as 9’. Plus, the doors we stock are built to a higher standard than the typical home center doors so they are easier to install and last longer. Visit us on the web at Lee Lumber and see hundreds of styles and types of doors.
Six Panel Closet Doors
Looking for new closet doors for your home? Perhaps they are now the same as the rest of your interior doors in your home and you are looking to remodel and make the look of your rooms distintive. The 6 panel door style is a naturally unique look which we recommend highly. Learn more here.
Purchase any door and SAVE!!
Purchase any brand door or specifically for the Simpson™ Bungalow series:
- When you purchase any brand of door, Lee Lumber will take 10% of the purchase value and apply it towards your door hardware OR
- Purchase any Simpson™ Bungalow series door, Lee Lumber will take 15% of the purchase value and apply it towards your door hardware
It’s easy enough to find cabinet pulls and common hinges for typical applications at any home center, but finding specialty hardware such as the following can be difficult:
- commercial hardware
- heavy-duty hardware
- panic hardware
- electronic strikes
Lee Lumber stocks products from:
- Von Duprin
We are happy to help you with your door & hardware schedule take off's for any project. And we are available on short notice for any type of emergency/accident fire-rated door opening repairs.
Visit our website for more detail on all Lee Lumber has to offer our contractors.